Bridge Pastor – First Presbyterian Church of Goshen, NY
by deborah | May 17, 2023
Ministry: First Presbyterian Church of Goshen, NY
Job type: full time
Presbytery: hudson river
The First Presbyterian Church of Goshen is seeking a Bridge Pastor, either full or part time, to fill an immediate vacancy. Located in the quaint Village of Goshen (the county seat of Orange County, NY) this mid-size church is seeking a candidate who an fulfill these main purposes/roles: If serving part-time:
- Preparing for and leading worship each Sunday, including serving communion the first Sunday of the month and performing baptisms and funeral services when requested. Currently we have no weddings scheduled. Our office administrator prepares church bulletins. Our worship service is both in-person and live-streamed.
- Provide pastoral care. Fixed office hours are not required.
- Pastor will moderate the 12 member Session and serve as a resource to other committees, i.e., the Board of Deacons and the Finance and Administration and Worship & Music committees. New Elder & Deacon training will be needed.
- Manage administrative duties and oversee staff.
- Teach classes on Presbyterian polity.